Five Ways Coffee Roasters
Moves Like Jagger
The Five Ways all-star classic. A crowd pleaser and game winner. Seasonal, Brazil-sourced, selected and roasted by us, showcasing the best of Brazil, if you know what we mean.
This time around we have Fazenda Rancho Grande. The farm's mission is to responsibly produce coffee of the highest possible quality without neglecting environmental importance and employee welfare. Fazenda Rancho Grande have invested in several static drying boxes to help improve the quality and profile of the coffee produced. Further, they have been working hard on improving the quality of their coffees for the specialty market by, working on all aspects of the production of these lots from the growing, picking and post-harvest treatment. Once the coffee has been harvested, it is then separated using density, which affects the ripeness. The beans are then pulped removing almost all the mucilage and then it is then taken to the patios where it is dried for the next 7 to 10 days.
Region: Três Pontas, Minas Gerais
Tasting Notes: chocolate, nutty, balanced
Altitude: 950 mamsl
Variety: Mundo Novo
Roast Type: Espresso
We roast weekly to order. Shipping takes place every Thursday and Friday. Order before Wednesday to ensure delivery within the week.
Pickup available at Kinkerstraat 186
Usually ready in 2-4 days
Our standards in coffee making are reflected in our care for the environment. By using innovative packaging and sustainable logistics techniques, we aim to reduce our carbon footprint.
Five Ways is always on the lookout for new and inspiring ways to be sustainable and care for our planet.
Shipping at Five Ways:
The basics, Add to the cart the items (or coffee) you would like to purchase. We will then select, pack and ship your choices to your location. We roast weekly to order. Shipping takes place every Thursday and Friday. Order before Wednesday to ensure delivery departs within the same week.
Shipping and delivery
We ship using our friends at Keen delivery. This delivery platform allows us to ship with multiple carriers. Within Europe we use DPD, Post NL and DHL. Local shipping in The Netherlands we use DPD and you should receive your goods within 24-48 hours. Given Brexit… we ship to the UK with PostNL do expect delays here due to customs paperwork.
Note: due to COVID-19 restrictions, delivery is expected to take between 1-2 days longer, depending on your location. We are not responsible for any unforeseen service disruptions by our delivery partners.
Shipping rates are calculated automatically at checkout using inputs from our providers. Is shipping not available to your country? Email us your order and, we will arrange it for you.
To be arranged at the time of order. We will also offer this service at our flagship locations which, will be opening very soon. Only available within Amsterdam.
We can’t accept returns on coffee due to it being perishable. However, we really want you to be happy with your beans! If you have any issues with our coffee, please call or email within the week of receiving your order.
At Five Ways we are official distributors of ACAIA products. We have the Reseller RMA policy to, set up warranty and service between reseller (us) and the consumer. Please email us if you have any further questions.
Who is responsible to covers fees within the warranty period? See below.
Product Purchased from Acaia Local Reseller
Reseller is responsible for inspection and repair
Customer is responsible for inspection fee
Covered by Acaia
Covered by Acaia
Reseller is responsible for two-way shipping cost
Customer is responsible for two-way shipping cost
- Choose the right container: It's important to store your coffee beans in an airtight container. Look for a container made of a material that won't absorb odors, like glass or ceramic. Avoid using plastic containers, as they can impart a plastic-like taste to the coffee.
- Keep the container away from light: Coffee beans are sensitive to light, which can cause them to degrade more quickly. Store your coffee container in a dark place, such as a pantry or cupboard.
- Keep the container away from heat: Heat can also cause coffee beans to degrade. Avoid storing your coffee container near a heat source, such as a stove or oven.
- Store at room temperature: Coffee beans should be stored at room temperature, between 60 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Avoid storing coffee beans in the refrigerator or freezer, as moisture can cause them to spoil and lose their flavor.
- Use whole beans: It's best to store whole coffee beans rather than ground coffee. Ground coffee has a larger surface area, which makes it more vulnerable to oxidation and degradation.
- Avoid air exposure: Exposure to air can cause coffee beans to oxidize, which can lead to a stale or sour taste
Located in West Amsterdam. We Roast all our coffee on the Dutch built Giesen W15 machine.
From day one, our focus lies in Sourcing, roasting and brewing the best coffees we think exist year to year.
We highlight the terroir and processes from different origins and also select unique coffees which, challenge us to think outside the box.